April 6, 2009

... Nursery Room Decor ...

After much thought and deliberation (yes, I already admitted I am the most indecisive person in the world), I had decided awhile back that my mother was going to make the nursery bedding! Not that she didn't want to, but I basically volunteered her. Having made a LOT of things for us growing up - everything from elaborate halloween outfits, to Valentine's Day boxes, to bedroom decor - she's always been a wonderful seamstress and I thought how perfect! By the way, thanks Mom : )

I had initially started looking at bedding awhile back and couldn't find anything I loved. It was all just ok. After deciding we'd make the bedding, I was fooled into thinking this would make the decision easier! I was wrong. I realized that by MAKING bedding, you are now open to any and every possible fabric out there. We found a few we liked, but I felt like there was always something else out there. While out with my sister a few weeks back - looking for fabric for her - I found it! It's the one that "stuck" with me more than the others and with my mother's blessing, we've decided it's the "one" we're going forward with!

Some Ideas:


Final Decision (Pattern is second from left, others are going to be the accents for dust ruffle, bumpers, etc):

1 comment:

  1. I just found your padded heart Valentine's Day box last weekend ... it's yours if you'd like it back!

    ReplyDelete