December 3, 2011

Decorating The Christmas Tree

Today, I experienced one of my most treasured memories with Serena to date. For as much as I love Thanksgiving, I love when it is over because it means that it is time to put up the Christmas tree! Many of you know that it is a beloved Johnson Family Thanksgiving tradition to turn on the Christmas lights that night. So, once we got back from South Carolina, I couldn't wait to decorate our tree at home.

With Christmas music playing and scented candles glowing, I began unpacking the decorations (and our tree!) from the storage containers on Saturday morning. To my surprise, I suddenly had a little helper at my side who wanted to decorate with me! Step by step, Serena wanted to be a part of the process and was so proud of our creation once we were done. I have such fond memories of decorating the tree with my mother and was so glad to be able to share this tradition with my little girl. One of life's very bittersweet moments and I couldn't have loved it more!






No comments:

Post a Comment