When my aesthetician asked me why it has been so long since I've scheduled an appointment with her, I told her it was because I am pregnant and just have not felt up to a whole lot lately. She said, "Ohhh! Gooood! When I saw you I was going to ask you if you were pregnant, but I didn't want to say anything! Look at you!" At that moment, I truly appreciated "Minnesota Nice" and realized how different life would be if everyone spoke as honestly as my Russian waxer. She went on to tell me that I am her eighth client to share their pregnancy news with her this month.
Kevin and I have begun to joke at home about the "Obama Bump." It seems like everyone is either getting married or having babies since the election. I don't disagree that we are all still feeling a bit euphoric about the promise of change and perhaps that is why life plans have suddenly fallen into place. Obama Bump or not, all of the positive news has certainly brought some sunlight to an otherwise frigid winter.
In other news ...
This week (#14), I met my doctor for the first time. I felt great after meeting her and know that she will take good care of us over the next six months. She explained how to deal with back pain and warned me that the headaches are not going to subside for a while (wonderful news). We listened to the heart beat (still an amazing sound to hear!) and talked about my next appointment. During Week 18, we will have our second ultrasound and will find out the sex of the baby. Ashley and Ryan will find out what they are having next week! Auntie Andee and Uncle Kevin are very anxious to know (I think it's a girl!).
Happy Inauguration and stay warm!
Take Care,
Andee
January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment