June 17, 2009

The Knee Bone's Connected to the ... Cankle!

Hello Friends and Family from the 36th Week of our pregnancy! With only 25 days left until our due date, I am amazed by how quickly the last nine months have flown by. One by one, my pregnant friends and co-workers have had their spring babies and now there is just one baby to arrive before ours and that is our darling niece! Ashley and Ryan are just hours away from their due date and we could not be more excited. For Kevin and Ryan, this weekend's forecast is 50% chance of a new born baby and 50% chance of golf.

We recently had a follow up visit with the Dog Therapist. She is pleased with the progress that Tinkerbelle has made and feels confident that she is ready to co-exist with an infant. Lulu, on the other hand, could give us a run for our money. The Dog Therapist recommended that we play the SoundsGood CD: Babies to get Lulu and Tink acclimated to the sounds that their little sister will make. I think the CD was more for Kevin and I rather than the dogs because they could not have cared less. Of course, they wanted to know why the computer was crying but quickly lost interest. I am sure it will be a different story when they get to listen to self-soothing at all hours of the day.

In true growing and showing fashion, I have to report that it has been months since I last saw my toes without bending over. This week, in addition to the ring of fire around my belly button (a.k.a. stretch marks), I have found that my calves melt right into my ankles ... Voila, the cankles have arrived! Direct quote from Ashley: "Oh my gosh! It's like a science project!" Isn't becoming a mother completely glamorous? It is just like the pages out of UsWeekly's Baby Bump Hall of Fame.

Speaking of bump watch ...

Here is a picture of the belly this week. For giggles, I am reprising the photo from 12 weeks because I remember thinking how everyone could tell that I was SO pregnant!

36 Weeks

12 Weeks


1 comment:

  1. Wow Andee! But I think you still look amazing! Those links were interesting! I can't wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete