June 2, 2009

What a difference 2 weeks makes!

Call me immature, but I cannot get Snoop Dogg's "Drop It Like It's Hot" out of my head today. I keep singing "Droppin' like it's haaaaht" which I think is an unconscious manifestation of my frustration with the warm weather ... that and the fact that my RN confirmed that Baby Girl Robb has begun her decent! Last week, I could definitely tell that she was moving around and one day, I went to pat my belly and her little boompa was definitely inches lower than it was the night before. Last week, Ashley's doctor told her that her baby had dropped as well, so Kevin thought that I was just imagining things. At least Mama was right about this one : ) Of course, this does not mean that Ashley and I are going to have babies born on the same day. But, it is just fun to think about the fact that they are both getting ready to meet each other!

Our nursery is in Phase 2 of 3. Once we get some decor on the walls and window treatments (oh, and diapers, wipes, and general baby toiletries would be good, too!) we should be ready to welcome home our baby girl.

Glider from Grandma and Grandpa Johnson (Thank You!!)

Chaffey Bunny and bumper pad to be removed, but are certainly cute for now!

Daddy scoured the internet to make sure that his little girl had a matching nightlight and changing pad cover.

Kevin and I had our child birthing class last weekend and toured the hospital for the first time. I feel SO much better now that I know a bit more about what to expect when we get there. The instructor made sure to honestly answer all of our questions and remind us for the 100th time just exactly what 10cm looks like. Oh, the things we get to look forward to!

In other news, Lulu turned two years old on May 22nd.
(Happy Birthday, Tallulah!)

1 comment:

  1. Love the nursery. It is perfect for a precious little girl. I am so excited for her arrival:)

    ReplyDelete