September 5, 2009

State Fair 2009

On Saturday, the Langenbrunners and Robbs went to The Great Minnesota Get Together along with Austin and The Getchells. Serena and Kendall enjoyed the fabulous people watching from inside their strollers while their parents indulged in fair food like Templeton the Rat from Charlotte's Web.
A fair is a veritable smoragasbord ...


The 2009 Food Favorites included:

1. HotDish On A Stick
















2. Sweet Martha's Cookies (Annual Favorite)














3. Pickle Dogs (a.k.a. Minnesota Sushi)
















4. Foot Long Pizza on A Stick





















After a few fairground feedings and diaper changes it was time to head home. Although taking a newborn to the State Fair was yet one more thing I said I would never do, we all had a great time and I hope we will return in the years to come.

Serena opted to sleep through most of the day.

Until she demanded to be fed outside of the women's bathroom
(and coincidentally next to the Leinie Lodge).


Kendall chose to stay awake and enjoy lunch on the grassy knoll behind the Grandstand.

No comments:

Post a Comment