April 12, 2011

All Better!


The Robb Family has survived their second round of Flu Season. After six consecutive days of family flu-sharing (kind of like carpooling for germs, I suppose), we are all on the mend.

Following all of the hazmat clean-up, I feel compelled to share my recipe for treating a microfiber couch for circumstances resulting from a 3-person flu bug:
  1. Mix 2 parts white vinegar and 1 part water (Thanks, Megan!)
  2. Spray or blot affected area with liquid mixture
  3. Allow to set in for a few moments
  4. Sprinkle baking soda liberally on affected area
  5. Blot/wipe area with a sponge, wringing excess from sponge as necessary.
I plan to vacuum the couch once it air dries. I think this should do the trick. A little bit of vinegar and baking soda was much more cost effective than buying a new couch (as my darling husband had adamantly suggested).

No comments:

Post a Comment