June 25, 2012

Introducing: Elliotte Anne Robb


Elliotte Anne Robb arrived on Friday, June 22nd at 9:20pm. She was born via cesarean at Maple Grove Hospital in Maple Grove, MN. Weighing 7 lbs 7 oz and measuring 18.5" long, Ellie made her first step into the world on the right foot by arriving early, without complication and scoring a perfect 10 on her APGAR test.

More About Ellie's Arrival

Ellie was due to arrive on June 30, 2012. After an unsuccessful attempt to move her from the breech position, a c-section was scheduled for June 24, 2012. In preparation for her arrival, Grandma Sue and Grandpa Kevin drove to Minnesota to begin their stay with us. On Friday afternoon, I had just finished my last day of work when they arrived in Albertville at 4:30pm. Kevin and Serena came home in time to make a delicious dinner of fresh brats and corn on the grill.

Kevin had plans to meet up with "Crazy Uncle Jeff" and his friends they were headed North for JP's bachelor party weekend. Kevin was unable to attend the festivities due to our planned special delivery but was looking forward to Jeff's upcoming nuptials later that week. Just as the boys were moments away, Ellie decided it was time to make her debut.

At 7:25pm, my water broke and 30 minutes later, we arrived at Maple Grove Hospital. Swiftly, I was prepped for surgery and at 9:00pm was wheeled into the OR. After a pep talk with the Anesthesiologist, I was adequately numbed from the chest down (I do recall thanking him over and over again for doing "such a great job!") and the surgery began. At 9:20pm, Ellie was born and I heard the strong cries of our new baby girl. "She has a LOT of dark hair!" I heard them say as they cleaned her up and handed her over to Kevin. What a joy it was to see our daughter in his arms.

We spent the next three days at the hospital and enjoyed many visits from family and friends. I just cannot say enough about the nursing staff at MGH; they were absolutely phenomenal. Just before our departure, I told Kevin that the whole experience felt like one strange mini-vacation. I was so appreciative of their kindness, I felt like I should have been leaving gratuity in envelopes just as you would when disembarking a cruise ship.

Kevin, Ellie and I picked up Serena from school on our way home from the hospital on Monday afternoon. It was the girls' first car ride sitting together in the back seat ... something Serena had been looking forward to for quite some time. It will be the first of many "Firsts" and I cannot wait to watch the two new sisters as they begin to get to know one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment