September 28, 2012

Return To Work


Where has the summer gone? Our precious little Ellie Belle turned three months old and that meant that it was time for me to return to work [this is your cue to tilt your head to the side and say, "Awwwww... I bet that must be hard."] As difficult as it was to head back to the office, it was easier than when I went back after Serena was born. Not because I love snuggling with my new little munchkin any less, but because this time I knew what to expect. It also helped that Grandma Sue and Grandpa Kevin returned to Minnesota to help us ease back into the world of two working parents who now have two young children.

My first week back at work flew by as I was eager to catch up on all that had changed while I was gone [if you work with me, this is your cue to tilt your head backward, roll your eyes and say, "Welcome Back!" with a sheepish grin]. Ellie surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers to let me know how much she missed me and each day when I got home I was greeted by two little ladies whose smiles and hugs assured me that they didn't feel abandoned by their working mother.

It's nice to be back and interacting with adults on a daily basis, but I sure do miss those sweet days of summer with my little girls. That Robb/Langenbrunner  Hobby Farm is sounding better and better every day : )




No comments:

Post a Comment