January 20, 2010

Kendall Sophia: Much Needed Updates

Time flies! Kendall turned 7 months this past week and I'm not quite sure how this has happened so fast. As 2010 is already starting to pass quickly, I am attempting to fulfill my New Year's Resolution of being more prompt at blogging, record keeping and all those other things I seem to put off. Kendall seems to fill ALL of our free time - yet I have come to the realization this is NOT going to change - so I better get used to it and blog : )

Where do we start? Kendall most recently had her first MAJOR illness. Knock on wood, we hadn't been to the doctor (besides her monthly wellness exams) until last week. Tuesday, December 12, after a weekend of Kendall having what I thought was a common cold with a very congested cough, mother knew best and decided to bring her in "just to check." As I woke Kendall up from her nap to bring her in, she was her normal chipper self. She was smiling and talking and giggling and truthfully - as Ryan and I were sitting in the doctor's office - we were somewhat embarrassed thinking the doctor was going to say she was simply experiencing the common cold. After the doctor listened to her lungs and thought she for sure had swallowed something, we got a check xray, breathing test and yes indeed - it was pneumonia! It was heartbreaking to hear but as I said, we must be thankful she has been healthy to this point! She was prescribed an antibiotic for 3 days and a nebulizer 4 times per day for 10 days. As of today, she seems MUCH MUCH better! Here are a few pictures from Kendall's experience:
Kendall At Home With Her Medicine:Kendall With Her Nebulizer (Poor Baby):
While Kendall's treatment has been going great - we did have a bit of a mishap with good 'ole Mylee the other night. After going to get Ryan because Mylee looked so cute under the couch with JUST her tail sticking out - I came to realize that could only mean one thing - Mylee was doing something she should not be doing. I pulled Mylee out and saw the following. All I can say is she CLEARLY has not adapted to this whole baby in the house thing:
Nebulizer Mask = Ruined! BAD PUPPY!!











Kendall also had another milestone lately - taking her first bath in the big girl bathtub! We had still been bathing her in the pink plastic convertible tub in the kitchen sink - but the more she has been growing I knew it was time to move her to the real tub. I had seen the cutest little inflatable tub that she had to have! I finally got it last weekend and tried it out with her. It is one of the BEST purchases thus far and I would highly recommend it to other mothers! The size is great, easy to blow up and store, and it's just so cute!

These days, Kendall enjoys continuing to perfect her sitting abilities (she started right before Christmas), continuing to enjoy trying new foods (we recently started her fruits), and continuing to make her mommy and daddy laugh every day at the new things she's starting to do!

More updates to come -- stay tuned! I'll leave you with some cute pics of Kendall being Kendall:
















No comments:

Post a Comment